I have only just joined, and cannot remember how to find Topic of the Month tutorials.  I have never done landscapes before and would like to have a go.

On 3/14/2020 at 1:14 PM, hilarym said:

I have only just joined, and cannot remember how to find Topic of the Month tutorials.  I have never done landscapes before and would like to have a go.

Hi, you have to be on the main club site, and logged in. In the menu there you will find Basic Skills. This is where all the landscaping tutorials are. You’ll also find a lot under Fun Makes!

did you find it all @hilarym?? If I can help in anyway, just shout! (at the moment it might be best to to email too me using the contact form.. that way I know I am needed!!).. it's crazy times we are living through..

32 minutes ago, Glassy Liz said:

did you find it all @hilarym?? If I can help in anyway, just shout! (at the moment it might be best to to email too me using the contact form.. that way I know I am needed!!).. it's crazy times we are living through..

I still can’t get to it @Glassy Liz Just keeps taking me back to login page...

OK.. the Topic of the Month is now on our Facebook group (because Vimeo was causing us issues...).. so I am wondering if that's the problem? But if anything else is just taking you back round in circles, let me know.. I know the Understanding Firing Schedules had a problem, but I've fixed that now.. and I'll go to the TotM page and see if I can make it clearer where to find them.. but for now, here's the link to the FB group.. https://www.facebook.com/groups/kilnformedglassclub/

4 hours ago, teresadunne said:

Fb doesn’t actually say what the topic of the month is, as far as I can tell.

It's still casting (from last month) and Drop Vessels for this and next... there's a tutorial in Basic skills to support you too...

I joined at the beginning, but never use it because I can’t find anything.  Are we supposed to go to Facebook group instead?  Looking for the challenges, special monthly topics and videos and such.

thanks!

helen

I have found information doesn't get transferred from the Live Events to written form. Those who can't make the Live Topic of the Month meetings just seem to miss out. I don't know why, whether it is to encourage as many people as possible to attend the live events or because transferring the information hasn't been thought of/there isn't anyone able to take the job. It is frustrating, I only found out I had won a prize weeks after the announcement because I couldn't watch the live event. I'm still waiting for it. 

Let's hope it's teething troubles and it will be sorted soon.

On 5/4/2020 at 10:15 PM, djjbda said:

I have found information doesn't get transferred from the Live Events to written form. Those who can't make the Live Topic of the Month meetings just seem to miss out. I don't know why, whether it is to encourage as many people as possible to attend the live events or because transferring the information hasn't been thought of/there isn't anyone able to take the job. It is frustrating, I only found out I had won a prize weeks after the announcement because I couldn't watch the live event. I'm still waiting for it. 

Let's hope it's teething troubles and it will be sorted soon.

The problem at the moment @djjbda is that I am running 3 businesses all on my own as all staff are furloughed.. this is why it's taking longer for me to update this site too. So the problem will be resolved when the world gets back to normal and I get some staff back... in the meantime I sincerely apologise for the length of time everything is taking...

So, yes it would be much better if people could tune into the live event... it's also currently taking around about 3 hours, as members can now join in too (on Zoom) and are using it to get to know each other too... because of that, the file is much too big to host on this website, but there will be a link alongside the announcement, in the relevant forum.

Thanks for letting me know @Glassy Liz. It must be tough doing everything yourself. 

Is there an update on the KFGC app?

On 5/4/2020 at 3:13 PM, hmunroe said:

I joined at the beginning, but never use it because I can’t find anything.  Are we supposed to go to Facebook group instead?  Looking for the challenges, special monthly topics and videos and such.

thanks!

helen

Helen, I have created a video showing people how to navigate the site. There is a link to it in the footer of the home page, but there is also the main video on the home page too.. (2 different videos) have you watched that yet?

Also, if anyone is having a problem, you just need to reach out and let me know..(you can message me easily from this page)  it's usually a really easy fix, and the main culprits have been

1. Not logged in to BOTH the forum and the website

2. Not using the menu icon on the device correctly (phone or a small tablet..)

Both videos address those issues

Here's the link for the one that specifically looks at accessing the site on a phone https://www.kilnformedglassclub.com/help-with-site-navigation/

As for the FB group, that is really only there to help let members know that a Zoom meet up is about to happen, or they need to check the forum for something, as so many members appear to be missing out on our emails. Are you receiving them OK? As we do make regular announcements via them?

24 minutes ago, djjbda said:

Thanks for letting me know @Glassy Liz. It must be tough doing everything yourself. 

Is there an update on the KFGC app?

yep... 😉 I am just about to send out an email on just that topic.. 😉 Well, over the weekend anyway.. I am quite looking forward to watching a film or reading a book , or just plain. doing nothing this evening! lol